Senior Bid Manager
Come and work for HealthBid, the most exciting bid organisation in the country. We offer a great working environment, excellent professional development, and the opportunity to get your teeth into lots of interesting, challenging projects.
The role is based out of our Ossett offices.
As Senior Bid Manager, you will be expected to take a leading role in the production of bids for various clients, often managing several projects simultaneously. As part of the HealthBid bidding team, you will have significant freedom to determine how to spend your time, within the framework of the projects set out by the Chief Operating Officer.
The Senior Bid Manager is responsible for a series of bid projects, as set out by the Chief Operating Officer. These will fall into two groups – bids that the Senior Bid Manager leads, and bids for which they are part of the bid team.
These activities may involve travel across the UK, which will be reimbursed in line with Bidding Limited’s expenses policy.
Leading a Bid
When assessing the operational priorities for the business, the Chief Operating Officer will assign bids to the Senior Bid Manager. They will then be expected to:-
- Liaise with the client where appropriate to arrange timescales for meetings
- Create a kick-off pack
- Facilitate the solution design process (where agreed with the client)
- Manage clarification questions
- Write answers to questions and/or manage the Bid Writing team in writing these answers
- Participate in the review process
- Deliver a bid for review by the Chief Operating Officer ahead of submission to the client
- Any other related processes
All of the above will be managed under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, and using all the resources of the business as appropriate.
As a Member of the Bid Team
As a member of the Bid Team, the Senior Bid Manager may be asked to carry out any of the actions above as part of a project managed by either the Chief Operating Officer or another member of the team.
The Senior Bid Manager may be asked to participate in:-
- Business Development activities, such as attending sales meetings or conferences
- Building costs in order for the sales team to accurately quote for work
- Project planning with the Chief Operating Officer
- Professional development of the Bid Writers, including training
- Strategic planning of the business
- Other activities deemed appropriate by the Chief Operating Officer
The Senior Bid Manager will be expected to have a minimum of two years’ of bid management experience, and be able to demonstrate work carried out with a variety of clients and of different levels of complexity.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Hours: Full time
Holiday entitlement: 25 days
Applying for the role
To apply for the role, please send a covering email and a CV to email@example.com. For an informal chat about the position, give Tom Sheppard, Managing Director, a call on 07590 569568.